About the job
OctoML is a leading startup in the fast-paced generative AI market. Our mission is to empower businesses to build differentiated applications that delight customers with the latest generative AI features.
Our platform, OctoAI, delivers generative AI infrastructure to run, tune, and scale models that power AI applications. OctoAI makes models work for you by providing developers easy access to efficient AI infrastructure so they can run the models they choose, tune them for their specific use case, and scale from dev to production seamlessly. With the fastest foundation models on the market (including Llama-2, Stable Diffusion, and SDXL), integrated customization solutions, and world-class ML systems under the hood, developers can focus on building apps that wow their customers without becoming AI infrastructure experts.
Our team consists of experts in cloud services, infrastructure, machine learning systems, hardware, and compilers as well as an accomplished go-to-market team with diverse backgrounds. We have secured over $130M in venture capital funding and will continue to grow over the next year. We're based largely in Seattle but have a remote-first culture with people working all over the US and elsewhere in the world.
We dream big but execute with focus and believe in creativity, productivity, and a balanced life. We value diversity in all dimensions and are always looking for talented people to join our team!
**Overview:**We are seeking a Staff Product Marketing Manager for our expanding marketing team to drive our solutions-led positioning and GTM efforts. In this role, you’ll synthesize customer insights, market data, and product strategy, to create compelling value propositions for customers as we scale our presence in the generative AI market.
This highly collaborative role involves working cooperatively with sales, product management, and engineering to contribute to winning product strategy and GTM execution. You have extensive product marketing experience around technology products, with a track record of effective storytelling, driving the education and awareness around transformational technologies, and you are an excellent written and spoken communicator. Additionally, you bring with you a passion for emerging technologies and the transformational power that these bring to businesses of all scales.
- Develop and execute strategies for positioning OctoAI, our flagship generative AI product serving millions of customer inferences on a daily basis.
- Work closely with sales, product management, and the marketing team to establish and implement GTM strategies. Ensure these strategies are scalable and support sales and partner engagements effectively.
- Create impactful content aligned with sales playbooks to assist the sales team throughout the sales cycle. This includes producing relevant materials such as white papers, eBooks, and other technical content for the marketing funnel.
- Develop compelling narratives and customer centric stories around the value proposition of OctoAI, and the power it brings to developers and enterprises as they look to build on the power of generative AI.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to gather feedback and insights. Utilize these to refine product positioning and content strategies.
- Drive product initiatives based on key performance indicators (KPIs) and feedback from existing and prospective customers. Focus on initiatives that clearly articulate the value of the products to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with the sales team to create and refine sales playbooks, aiming to optimize customer acquisition and expedite the sales process.
- Extensive experience in product marketing, with a strong background in the tech industry. Preferably 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following technology domains: Cloud, AI powered application development, or AI/ML operations.
- Track record of effectively storytelling through compelling assets.
- Experience working with app developers and has a good understanding of the app developer journey.
- Experience in roles such as Product Marketing Manager, Technical Marketing Manager, Product Manager, or related positions with a focus on technology products.
- Demonstrated ability in creating and executing detailed go-to-market plans in collaboration with sales and product management teams.
- Skilled in defining and creating content to support targeted customer use cases for scalable GTM execution.
- Experience working closely with sales teams to develop and optimize sales strategies and materials.
- Proficiency in working in a data-driven environment, with a focus on customer acquisition and accelerating time to revenue.
- Strong strategic thinker with excellent communication skills.
Characteristics we look for:
- Strong strategic thinker with excellent communication skills.
- A great story teller.
- Ability to articulate product value and “the why” behind solutions.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work effectively across different teams.
- Creative and analytical in approach to marketing and problem-solving.
- Ability to adapt and change as needed, in a fast evolving market
$180,000 - $230,000 a year
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company's size and industry and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at OctoML. In accordance with pay transparency laws, OctoML is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. This is a reasonable estimate of the current salary range. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We recognize that people come with experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
**Diversity & Inclusion:**Our mission extends beyond technological breakthroughs; we aim to mirror the diverse world we serve. We understand the unique insights, creativity, and perspectives a diverse team can bring, and we're actively seeking to broaden our horizons. As we look to the future, we aim to address our current diversity gaps and set new industry standards for inclusivity.
Benefits Our Team Enjoys:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Fully covered premiums for employees and their dependents, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability Insurance.
- Competitive Compensation: A mix of salary, bonuses, and meaningful stock options.
- Financial Benefits: Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care, as well as a Health Savings Account for those opting for a high deductible plan.
- Future Planning: 401(k) options.
- Flexible Work Options: Remote and teleworking capabilities.
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible work hours, generous time off policies, company-sanctioned downtime twice a year, and company-paid holidays.
- Parental Benefits: Comprehensive parental leave plans for all new parents.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO): Four days a year to give back and make a difference in communities.
- Additional Leaves: Including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave.
At OctoML, we believe in creating an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Discrimination doesn't have a place in our culture. We evaluate individuals based on their abilities and effectiveness. We're committed to equal opportunity and ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration, free from biases related to race, color, religion, gender, identity, orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.