About the job
About TailscaleTailscale builds software that makes it easy to securely interconnect people and their devices, no matter where they are. From hobbyists to multinational corporations, teams of every size use Tailscale each day to protect their networks, share access to internal tools, and more. We're building a future for the Internet that's easy, small and safe, like it used to be. Founded in 2019 and fully distributed, we're backed by Accel, CRV, Insight, Heavybit, and Uncork Capital.
DescriptionWe’re looking for a collaborative and analytical Product Marketing Manager to join the marketing team at Tailscale. You will work closely with the Product, Engineering, and GTM teams to identify customer needs, market trends, pain points, and articulate “Why Tailscale?.” This role might be perfect for you if you are familiar with developer tooling, networking infrastructure, or enterprise security needs, and can communicate technical features as easy-to-digest benefits. If feature launches are second nature, and you love highly cross-functional work, read on.
Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who is comfortable working asynchronously, thrives in ambiguity and has a focus on getting it right, not being right.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Becoming the expert on our users and customers — who they are, what their pain points are, and what drives them to seek out solutions
- Collaborating with Product and Marketing teams to develop and refine product positioning, messaging, and effective content
- Launching new products or features, managing cross-functional projects associated with that launch, and measuring success
- Creating marketing material — from landing pages, blog posts, and email campaigns to slide decks, customer case studies, and demos. This includes delegating and working with designers/web developers as needed.
- Helping position Tailscale as a thought leader in networking and security, and increasing awareness of these issues
- Performing competitive and market analysis to inform messaging and campaigns, and influence product strategy
Qualifications and Skills:
- A proven track record in marketing, product marketing, developer marketing, product management, or a related field
- Experience managing interdependent, complex projects and keeping multiple work streams on track
- Working knowledge of PLG and PLS
- An analytical mind with an enthusiasm for problem-solving and measuring the effectiveness of your work
- The ability to quickly adapt and react to changing plans and ambiguity. We’re a startup - our estimated launch dates change often
- Excellent people skills - this role will interact with many cross-functional teams and the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively will be critical to the success of this role
It’s nice if you have:
- An affinity for complex, highly technical subjects
- A strong data-driven mindset
- Experience with solutions at a B2B or enterprise technology companies, product-led growth experience is a plus
- Experience with security products used in SaaS or cloud environments
For this position, our target salary range is $180,000 - $225,000 USD (paid in your local currency). As a company, we strive to maintain fair and equitable compensation practices within our team across all roles and all levels.
Frequently cited statistics show that people who identify with historically marginalized groups are likely to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to help us break that statistic!What We Offer
- An inclusive, flexible environment where you can be your authentic self. We recognize the impact diverse voices and backgrounds have on the growth of our people, our product, and our company. And that flexibility in how and when you work empowers our team to balance work and life.
- A competitive total compensation package. This includes base salary and an equity incentive plan.
- Comprehensive group benefits with no waiting period. Take advantage of coverage for health, vision, dental, and more for you and your family!
- Remote-first with the opportunity to work from anywhere—enjoy a change of scenery wherever you can get wifi and join our company retreats with fellow Tailscalars!
- Support for your personal and professional development. Grow your career thoughtfully with $1500 USD annually for professional development, leverage our conference budget to learn from experts in your field, or take advantage of mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- Paid time off and a healthy work-life balance. Our flexible, paid time off program supports you for any situation life throws your way, whether you're moving or travelling the world! We encourage all Tailscalars to take 4-6 weeks of vacation annually.
- A build-your-own home office setup. You choose your own company-owned laptop (MAC or PC), receive a monthly home internet reimbursement, and $1000 USD to customize your workstation to make it your own.
- Generous parental leave program from your first day. We care about your life outside of work and encourage new parents to take advantage of parental leave top-ups for up to 26 weeks.