About the job
The primary responsibility of the Product Marketing Manager is a hybrid roll and in involved in both internal and external marketing with a focusing on product Marketing, technical marketing, competitive and solutions marketing. Closely allied with the Product Management (PM) function, the PMM creates messaging and positioning that create demand for the products that the PM team manages. Key constituents for the PMM team are Customers, Partners, Resellers, Prospects, Sales, Content Marketing, and other corporate marketing functions (such as website, digital, campaign, and channel marketing, etc.). The PMM works very closely with the Senior Director of Product Marketing to help develop the “go-to-market” strategy on the tactical level with a strong focus on products/solutions/technology and competitive insights resulting in BOLD product positioning. The PMM is responsible for executing Product Launch Planning (PLP) with the broader marketing team, assuring that consistent and updated positioning and messaging is fully utilized and understood. The Product Marketing Manager helps define and drive needs for tools, programs, and training to show the field, customers, analysts, the press, and the public the value and need for Infinidat solutions in their business.
- Develop, manage, and drive the creation of a comprehensive set of tools and programs for Infinidat products such as: Sales Aids (not an exhaustive list, we need to add more as needed):
-Marketing Data & Technical Spec Sheet
-Statements of Product Positioning
-Other sales and training aids
-Success Stories/Case Studies – working with Content management
-Tutorial /Reviewers Guide
-And other tools as necessary
- Works closely with Infinidat’s field teams to gather market and competitive data to feed to the PM team.
- Working with the sales enablement and product management teams for all sales and channel partner training.
- Works with Marcom/Content to produce sales tools, trade shows, programs, web content, and other demand-creation vehicles.
- Works with the product management, sales, and channel partner teams to drive the sales of new solutions.
- Maintain and Edit technical competitive analysis to support sales and tool creation.
- Strong presentation capabilities to be able to present at industry events/trade shows, to end users (existing customers and prospects), and to channel partners/distributors.
- Extremely well-technically versed in the product and its competitive benefits and advantages to be able to evangelize outside Infinidat.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably technical, or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: 7+ years of product marketing, technical marketing, systems engineering/solutions architecture, or product engineering for primary and secondary storage companies MANDATORY.
Knowledge: In-depth understanding of product marketing, technical marketing, and solutions marketing. Excellent knowledge of the competitive landscape for storage subsystems, secondary and primary storage, software defined storage, and modern data protection and cyber resilient storage systems and software. Broad technical and market knowledge of subsystems, storage products and storage technologies - to include memory technologies, external storage systems, SAN, NAS, Flash, backup, disaster recovery and business continuity, cyber resilient storage technology, and disk and host interfaces.
Analytical/Interpersonal Skills: Strong business and technical skills. Excellent interpersonal skills working with sales, marketing, engineering, and business management. Required to enthuse and excite potential customers and sales regarding product concepts, execution, solutions and markets. Excellent presentation skills. Required to analyze competitive technology and products and make recommendations to product management on technical features for coming products. Experience managing teams directly as well as from a matrix perspective.