About the job
We are an early stage startup building the only product-led email platform for SaaS. Leveraging AI and product usage data, Syrup communicates with users individually, increasing customer retention, loyalty and revenue growth. We are a team of eight backed by High Alpha, a leading venture firm led by former ExactTarget founders (acq. by Saleforces for $2.5b).
As an early stage company, you will have an opportunity to join a high profile startup at the ground floor with substantial upside potential. We have big ambitions and your role is critical in shaping our product and the future of intelligent marketing automation.
The company is co-founded by brothers and serial entrepreneurs Brad Owen and Michael Classen. Brad previously founded NeverBounce, an email verification and data cleaning platform which scaled to over 125,000 users within 4 years and was acquired by ZoomInfo (NASDAQ: ZI), the leading intelligence platform for sales and marketing teams. Michael was previously the Executive Officer at Greenspring Associates, a global venture capital platform with $17Bn+ in assets that was acquired by Stepstone Group (NASDAQ: STEP).
We are seeking a Principal Product Marketing Manager for a pivotal founding role. As our first marketing hire, you'll be at the heart of our go-to-market initiatives, responsible for developing messaging, informing our product roadmap and executing product launches. Reporting directly to our CEO, the ideal candidate is customer-obsessed and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop GTM strategy, including product positioning, messaging and distribution.
- Act as the voice of the customer; generate customer and market research to inform our product roadmap.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement innovative marketing campaigns in collaboration with the CEO.
- Manage SEO, content generation, advertising, social media, and growth hacking initiatives (among other channels).
- Foster strong relationships with external partners and oversee their work.
- As we grow, build and manage our product marketing team.
- In collaboration with the CEO, identify KPI's for yourself and the marketing team.
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, with a strong emphasis on product marketing.
- Demonstrated experience developing GTM strategies for B2B SaaS.
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities.
- Scrappy – we value individuals who can think outside the box and bring innovative ideas to the table that break the mold of traditional marketing.
- Self-motivated and driven – can work independently and remotely.
- A strong desire to be part of a bigger picture – we're not just building a company; we're building a future.
- Excellent communication skills – you'll be working hand-in-hand with the CEO and leading our future marketing team.
- Bonus: Formal training in Product Marketing from the Pragmatic Institute, or other.
- Bonus: Adept at growth hacking – this skill set is a key differentiator for us.
- Remote Work: We are a remote-first team, enjoying a flexible schedule from home!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: We offer unlimited paid time off to promote a positive and healthy lifestyle.
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity compensation - everyone participates in our success.
- Healthcare Benefits: Comprehensive package including premium medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Parental Leave: Generous paid parental leave - take the time you need to be with your family.
- Other: All inclusive company retreats and home office equipment, including Apple products.
- Culture: As a kind and hardworking team with a focus on solving large problems, we work with exceptionally talented people who are passionate about their work and exceeding the status quo. We expect extreme ownership and offer the flexibility and autonomy that allows for a healthy life balance. Most importantly, we enjoy our work, have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously!