Sawyer (hisawyer.com) is building technology to connect parents to providers of enriching activities for kids. We serve the massive and highly fragmented industry of after school activities, camps and early childhood enrichment classes. With over $50B spent annually in this industry, we are making it easy and delightful for businesses to operate and parents to discover and book these classes. We are a 40 person organization of innovative and mission-driven individuals. We are fully remote and distributed across the US.
Director of Product Marketing
Sawyer is seeking a director of product marketing to lead our go-go-market strategy and vision for Sawyer’s portfolio of solutions, including registration tools, payments and our consumer marketplace. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working in SAAS marketing, with a focus on product marketing. You’ll become the expert on our customers, parents and providers, and their needs. You’ll help craft messaging and campaigns that speak to them, and aligns their needs with the solutions we offer. The director of product marketing will work closely with cross-functional teams across the entire lifecycle, from product development to launch to adoption.
- Lead a data-driven go to market strategy to accelerate new customer growth, enhance customer experience, and maximize the value of existing customers both on the supply side (Providers) and demand side (Parents).
- Position Sawyer as the leading vertically focused B2B platform-as-a-service solution for the children’s extracurricular education market
- Oversee and collaborate on product marketing plans for new offerings; plan and implement strategies for launches, collaborating with sales, customer success, and demand generation to ensure well-coordinated execution and measure success
- Understand target buyer and customer personas, buying needs, and buyer’s journey to inform the development of messaging and content strategy to drive new business growth.
- Exceptionally strong verbal, written, visual/presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- SMB B2B SaaS Experience preferred
- Ideally you have familiarity with B2C, and /or marketplace experience
- A successful track record of developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns in a variety of channels including digital marketing (email, online).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify early signals/trends and quickly solution set / problem solve.
- Prior success in developing product marketing strategies and supporting sales enablement to generate demand, drive growth, and adoption of products
- A desire to work in a high growth and results-oriented team environment
- Ability to shift seamlessly between long-term strategic development of our marketing program and tactical execution of key projects.
- Strong experience with internal stakeholder management, creating alignment across various cross-functional teams, supporting and working closely with sales and operations at a technology company.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for working in less structured environments
Our Values: At Sawyer, we have six core values that define how we do what we do. We are looking for individuals who really feel they can relate to these values and want to work inside an organization that celebrates these truths!
Embrace Yes Always: Endless problems offer endless opportunities for solutions – and the hardest problems to solve are some of the most important. We approach every problem with the mindset that it can be solved, and that by doing so, we will grow as a collective.
Lean into Curiosity: Our business, brand and people are living entities – to thrive, we must adapt and evolve. We passionately follow our personal and collective curiosities because they are key to our evolution.
Celebrate and Foster Individuality: Our mission is stronger when we celebrate different perspectives and embrace every person’s uniqueness to create an equitable environment and product for all. Authenticity, trust, and kindness are at the forefront of how we work together as a team to foster safety, inclusiveness, and diversity.
Build Relationships to build great things: We treat everyone we engage with as our neighbors, because we can accomplish more as a community than we ever could alone. We believe meaningful work requires deep collaboration between ourselves and our partners.
Seek Simplicity: We strive to delight our customers through simple, frictionless experiences every time they interact with us. This drives us to think outside the box, to bring order to chaos, and to always look for a better way.
Solve for tomorrow: We all have a responsibility to work toward a better future – for ourselves, our communities, and our children. Everything we build, do and say is aligned with our mission and the firm belief in the importance of our work.
What We Offer Competitive Salary Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Commuter) Flexible PTO Sick Leave Paid Parental Leave
Sawyer is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Sawyer to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, such as those pertaining to training, transfer, promotion, compensation and recreational programs