About the job
GIST Impact envisions a sustainable future where measurement shapes outcomes. Our mission is to empower investors and companies to measure and manage their impacts across all stakeholder dimensions, transcending mere shareholder returns. As pioneers in data and analytics, we meld sustainability expertise with cutting-edge technology to enable comprehensive measurement in Natural, Human, Social, and Produced capitals.Led by Pavan Sukhdev, a visionary leader in environmental economics and former president of WWF International, GIST Impact pioneers scientifically rigorous methodologies to reveal how companies shape society and the environment. With over 16 years of impact measurement, our partnerships span industry titans like BASF and Wipro, as well as global pension and sovereign wealth funds.
Why work at GIST?
At GIST Impact, you'll join a world-class team driving the next ESG evolution: impact-based metrics. We are a hub of ambition and innovation, attracting experts across sustainability, finance, and technology. Here, you'll refine your skills through top-tier training and mentorship, advancing your understanding of sustainability and ESG.
Our diverse, inclusive workplace unites varied academic and cultural backgrounds in the pursuit of shared pride, passion, creativity, and rigor. With a global footprint in Mumbai, Delhi, London, and Geneva, you'll thrive in a vibrant, collaborative atmosphere.
As the Manager of Product Marketing at GIST Impact, you will be working at the intersection of product development and marketing strategy. Your role is vital in translating a complex and wide range of data and solutions into compelling narratives that resonate with our client base. Collaborating closely with our prominent product partners, you will actively contribute to refining our product proposition and go-to-market approaches.
Objectives of the Role
- Develop and implement product marketing approaches that deliver GIST Impact’s commercial objectives
- Enhance brand visibility and position GIST Impact as a leader in the impact data and analytics space, and GIST Impact’s products as front and centre of that market leadership
- Foster cross-functional collaboration to ensure GIST’s product suite is meeting market demands and expectations
- Lead major product partnerships to refine product development approaches based on real-time feedback and learnings
- Refine product propositions: Test and refine product propositions for GIST Impact’s 10+ product offerings
- Design product marketing strategies: Design and execute product marketing strategies alongside marketing manager, including positioning, messaging, market segmentation, go to market approach
- Guide product development: Collaborate with product owners to ensure that product development meets market demands and is aligned with customer expectations and market trends
- Manage product partnerships: Manage sandbox-style collaborations with partners (e.g., major system integrators, banks, data providers, NGOs) to refine product propositions (including relationship management and project management)
- Create innovative and interactive product showcases: Translate complex data insights into compelling narratives, visualizations and interactives that resonate with target audiences to create innovative new product marketing
- Develop product marketing material: Build and maintain product marketing material and sales aids to support sales teams
- Keep an eye on the horizon: Continuously monitor and analyze industry trends and competitors to inform marketing strategies
- Work cross-functionally to ensure delivery: Manage multiple product and project timelines across marketing, product and sales (e.g., biodiversity product launch campaign) ensuring all objectives are met within the set timeframes
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to synthesize complexity into simplicity
- Team player: Exception interpersonal and intercultural skills, ability to work cross-functionally and get buy-in across a busy organisation
- Mindset: Ability to work proactively, independently and effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment, ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ attitude
- Creative: Ability to conceptualise and execute compelling product marketing efforts
- Quick study: Not afraid to get stuck into and get familiar with the details of a product, including complex ESG requirements (e.g. regulatory)
- Data literate: Proficient in data analysis and able to derive actionable insights from data
- Organized: Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Desired Prior Experience
- 6 to 8 years of experience working in marketing / product / partnerships, ideally having previously worn (and comfortable with wearing) multiple hats
- Experience working with sustainability-related products (especially those with a technical bent)
- Experience with the financial sector a plus (i.e. unafraid of jargon)
- Familiarity with various marketing tools and platforms (e.g., Hubspot, Google Analytics)
- Fluent with design tools and creating compelling mock-ups and presentations (e.g. PPT, Figma) – data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) a plus
- Track record of successfully working with clients and partners, especially as key relationship lead, ideally in a product or product partnership context
Your answers to our culture fit questionnaire and understanding of GIST Impact’s mission and its importance will receive as much weightage in our application process as your CV/credentials.If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!