About the job
The Product Marketing Manager is a new position on the Marketing team designed to support the company’s aggressive B2B growth strategy which includes a robust new product roadmap. This role is responsible for competitively positioning our proprietary One95™ Literacy Ecosystem™ and the individual products and services within it, and developing multi-channel marketing campaigns to both introduce new products and promote existing products. In this position you will work closely with the Product team to deeply understand each product’s unique value propositions and competitive landscape, and with the Marketing and Sales teams to create campaigns, collateral, and sales tools that drive our positioning and revenue goals. You will also be responsible for marketing our professional learning services, which are sold both independently and in combination with products. As our Product Marketing Manager, you will also manage our eCommerce business. You will manage product merchandising, keep the site current with new products, updated product information, pricing, etc., and will develop marketing campaigns to increase eCommerce revenue. The Product Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
In this important role, you will have a direct impact on our mission to unlock the power of literacy for every child.
Key areas of responsibility
- Develop a thorough understanding of our product strategy, roadmap, and each product’s features, benefits, and value propositions, in order to become a product subject matter expert for the Marketing team.
- Leverage customer insights and market research to inform GTM strategies including positioning, messaging, and audience segmentation.
- Understand the competitive landscape and create product comparison materials, including specific messaging to address competitive products.
- Create robust, multi-channel marketing campaigns to both launch new products and promote existing products; position each product within our One95 Literacy Ecosystem, building the value of the overall system.
- Leverage our product and services ecosystem to develop upsell and cross-sell campaigns for segmented audiences.
- In partnership with the Product and Marketing teams, develop product marketing collateral to enable the Sales team to effectively position and sell our products (one-sheets, brochures, comparison charts, etc.).
- Manage our eCommerce business including product merchandising and keeping the site current with new products and updated product information; develop marketing campaigns to increase eComm revenue; work with our IT team and web manager to troubleshoot as necessary.
- As part of a fast-growing company with an aggressive product roadmap and marketing goals, take on additional responsibilities as needed to effectively market and sell our product ecosystem.
What are we looking for?
- 5 years of progressive product marketing experience in a B2B environment, preferably in the education curriculum space.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging unique value propositions to develop competitive product positioning.
- Experience positioning products for upsell and cross-sell to various customer segments.
- Experience managing and marketing an eCommerce site, including product merchandising and overall site management.
- Passion for product innovation, packaging, positioning, and marketing. You love all things about product marketing and bringing new products to the market!
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and be flexible to change directions quickly in order to adapt to shifting business priorities; high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Comfortable communicating in a consultative manner and cross functionally with multiple internal teams and external business partners on a variety of sales related subjects, in both written and oral form.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills with attention to grammatical detail.
- Fluent in marketing technology including HubSpot, Salesforce, and WordPress.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows and sales meetings as needed.
- Preference for a fast-paced, growth environment where everyone is expected to take on additional responsibilities and collaborate to hit company targets.
- Mission driven with a commitment to improving literacy and student reading achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The use of standard office equipment/computers and some light physical work required
- This position is remote from your home office
- Occasional travel as needed
95 Percent Group is an education company whose mission is to build on science to empower teachers—supplying the knowledge, resources, and support they need—to develop strong readers. Using an approach that is based in structured literacy, the company’s One95™ Literacy Ecosystem integrates professional learning and evidence-based literacy products into one cohesive system that supports consistent instructional routines across tiers and is proven and trusted to help students close skill gaps and read fluently. 95 Percent Group is also committed to advancing research, best practices, and thought leadership on the science of reading more broadly.
95 Percent Group has a fully engaged and highly committed leadership team who cares deeply about our mission. We’ve hired the best from inside and outside the industry. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a company positioned for continued significant growth. An added plus is knowing that what you’re doing every day is making a significant difference in children’s lives. Come work with a group of smart, fun, passionate professionals who value creativity, innovation, and making an impact.
95 Percent Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.