About the job
We are building a new professional social network for people who are over networking.
It’s okay not to be a thought leader, a guru, or a rockstar. In fact, we’re tired of the personal branding, posturing, and fake flexing that plagues professional networks.
The real you is enough. The problem is that it’s impossible to see that version of you - the one who exists beyond resume bullet points.
We believe there is room for a different kind of professional and social space. A place where you’re not filtered out because your last job wasn’t at a “hot” company or you didn’t graduate from a “prestigious” university. Where the world can see your skills and accomplishments along with the qualities that make you great to work with (like your kindness, courage, integrity, grit, loyalty, and sense of humor).
Here’s the thing: awesome people know awesome people. You can probably think of a time when someone vouched for your abilities and character in a way that opened doors for you. Everyone should have a team of people that has their back and is rooting for them. allUP is a community of professionals that support each other in this way. There’s no secret password to get in—but you have to be willing to lift people up. Together, we can make networking about creating deeper connections and generating real outcomes by being real with, and for, each other.
Objectives of this role
- As allUP’s first marketer, you’ll help build out our entire marketing lifecycle from the ground up. You will spearhead our efforts to acquire new users and keep them engaged.
- This role is both tactical and strategic. You will both identify channels for growth, and also execute on day-to-day activities to keep the marketing machine running.
- In this role, you will report to our CEO and work closely with the product and design teams. We are a remote friendly-company — with our headquarters in Los Angeles and a strong commitment to ensuring people can do great work here and thrive without having to live near an office. This role is open to candidates across the U.S.
- Be obsessed with getting users and finding ways to keep them engaged.
- Develop, launch, track, and optimize programs/campaigns across multiple channels to drive signups and activation of new users.
- Understand our audience. Identify and define customer segments. Communicate about the product and its benefits to them.
Practically speaking, what does that look like?
- To start this will be a one person marketing team. You should be super versatile and able to learn and adapt on the fly.
- You will be both the primary generator of marketing ideas, and also the main executor of making them happen.
Specifically you will:
- Grow our user base - find pools of users and help them succeed
- Partner with product to help existing users activate
- Help generate outcomes for our users
- Own our marketing channels
- 3+ years of experience in Product Marketing or Growth Marketing at a consumer software company.
- You are an executor. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help us grow.
- You have owned or significantly participated in lifecycle marketing (emails, push, etc.) in a previous role.
- You have endless hustle and grit. When a campaign doesn’t work out, it doesn’t get you down, it inspires you to learn and try the next one.
Nice to have (but not required)
- Experience working at an early-stage startup.
- Experience with Customer.io, Segment, Amplitude, Webflow, Notion.
- You have hired & managed external marketing contractors (agencies, influencers, etc.)
- Experience working in any of the following:
- Community building
- Managing organic social
- Content marketing
- You have managed a marketing team.
This is a US-based remote role, but we would be excited by candidates in or near Los Angeles. If remote, the expectation is that your workday will meaningfully overlap with US Pacific Time so that you are able to easily coordinate with the rest of the team.
- This is a full-time salaried role with significant equity.
- The base salary range for this is $90,000 - $160,000 / year. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including unlimited PTO (10 day minimum), medical insurance (100% covered), & dental/vision insurance (75% covered).
How to apply
- Download the allUP app in the app store and create your profile
- When you feel like your profile is in a good place, send an email to email@example.com
- Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Experience writing Android applications
- Working knowledge with other systems written using Java, C++, C
- Strong ability and motivation to quickly learn new technologies and platforms
- Must be comfortable working within a modern Linux environment with tools like Git, Maven, and Make
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work and think independently and make solid technical decisions with minimal management guidance
- MS or BS in a Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Interest in network security engineering
- Development experience across multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, iOS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Eclipse, Xcode