About the job
About OpsLevelOpsLevel is the leading internal developer portal designed to help engineering teams build, ship, and maintain software better than ever. We believe that developer portals are the linchpin to a successful developer experience. With customers like Duolingo, Sotheby's, Keller Williams, and Hootsuite, we know that the best businesses in the world prioritize a great developer experience in order to beat the competition.
We're a team of folks who care deeply about the daily lives of developers. OpsLevelers live our company values on a daily basis and when we’re not heads-down on a project or collaborating in real-time over Zoom, we're competing in trivia over lunch or sharing the latest fur baby photo in #pets-to-make-you-live-longer.
Our culture and values are very important and ground us in how we interact as one team:
Empathy - Think of others; think of your users
Growth Mindset - Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
Intellectual Honesty - The best solution is more important than anyone's ego
Focus & Efficiency - Keep the main thing the main thing
Simplicity****About The RoleWe're looking for a product marketer with an appetite for a high-growth and high-ownership atmosphere. If you're a strategic thinker with a background in developer tools and the desire to build out a product marketing function from the ground up, we want to talk to you.
You'll report directly to the Head of Marketing and collaborate closely with other executive stakeholders. You'll own things like competitive, win/loss analysis, pricing/packaging, market analysis, content marketing, community development, and product launches.
What You'll Do
- Launching new products, features, pricing/packaging, or other GTM initiatives that are important to the product marketing function
- Owning strategic insight gathering and internal dissemination for our core personas, competitors, and the broader developer tooling ecosystem
- Be the internal point of contact and expert for our messaging and positioning
- Work side-by-side with product leadership to share market insights and customer feedback to influence our roadmap
- Own competitive intelligence for internal and external needs; you’ll be the go-to to help our team members understand our differences and what makes us special as well as own the messaging and positioning to the public
- Talking to customers and crafting compelling stories and case studies
You'll be Successful If
- You think growth mindset is a must-have, not a nice-to-have
- You excel in ambiguous situations; you're able to see the signal through the noise and help the organization navigate accordingly
- You have a bias toward action
- You know how to partner with senior stakeholders and build trust with executive leadership
- You know how to take technical information and feature specs and turn it into a compelling narrative both written and verbal (you’ll be creating video content and talking to our target audience IRL)
- You've been the first PMM in a company or in a line of business
- You've marketed to developers and understand what makes a technical persona tick
- You've been doing this for a bit—you'll be best suited if you have at least 7 years of product marketing experience or the equivalent in a product management or other marketing role
- You like thinking about (and actioning on) how to unblock the revenue funnel
- You have experience in product-led growth strategy as well as a traditional top-down sales motion
CompensationWe offer market-leading compensation, including equity, based on the skill set and aptitude of the candidate.
"Should I apply?" - Yes!
If you meet some or most of what we're looking for, we want to hear from you, and if you’re unsure - apply anyways!
What do I need to interview with OpsLevel?
Not much! A working web camera, microphone, and (ideally) a quiet place with minimal background noise.
We are building an inclusive and welcoming workplace where employees feel appreciated, valued and free to be who they are regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
OpsLevel is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.