About the job
About FormantFounded in 2017, Formant is the leading cloud-based platform for managing fleets of robots. Formant’s platform enables companies to operate, observe, and analyze robots from anywhere, meeting the growing need of robotics companies looking to deploy into new environments and scale their fleets.
We are inspired by the unique opportunities and challenges of connecting robots to each other, people and the cloud. We believe that more effective infrastructure can help unlock the shared potential of humans and robots and accelerate the successful deployment of autonomous systems throughout society.
As a team, we value humility, honesty, and creativity. We have a friendly, remote culture full of people from diverse backgrounds. We love solving problems and take pride in our craft.
About The RoleAs the first Product Marketing hire at Formant, you will be the point person for product-related content, feature launches, pricing/packaging, and more . You’ll work closely with our Senior Director of Marketing, President, and cross functional teams to refine our GTM strategy and contribute to overall company goals.
There is an enormous opportunity at Formant to tell the story of our product and establish Formant’s position as a leader in the robotics space. The right person for this role should be eager to dive into the world of robotics, understand our audience, collaborate with customers and other team members, and establish strong positioning for the company.
What You'll Do
- Take the lead on all feature launches and product-related content
- Create high-quality sales enablement to empower our growing sales team
- Be the voice of the market for product strategy and influence the product roadmap
- Continue to refine the value proposition, pricing, and product packaging (in conjunction with the product team)
- Understand the market and ecosystem to help position Formant as a leader in the industry
QualificationsWe’re looking for a passionate product marketer who wants to have a meaningful impact on a small team.
You might have spent the last 5 years cutting your product marketing chops at big tech companies or have been the GTM strategist at a startup. You could be a roboticists-turned-marketer with a saavy business acumen who understands the market but has less marketing experience than we list below. Whoever you are, if you think you’d be a good candidate for this role, we encourage you to apply.
That Being Said, Ideally You Will Have
- 7+ years of product marketing experience, ideally in a high-growth SaaS startup
- SaaS or data platform experience in a more complex technical product, with enough technical acumen to understand the product function, features and its value to the market and customers
- Exceptional product marketing content creation, writing and editing skills, with examples of past work
- Experience defining and aligning to market needs
- Track record of launching products/features
- Experience collaborating with and enabling supporting a sales team (Enterprise sized customer experience is a plus)
- Previous robotics industry experience is preferred but not required
- Describe the experience and attributes of the ideal candidate