About the job
DescriptionWe work with hundreds of the world’s most respected consumer brands – companies like Garmin, Carhartt, Purina, Ariat, TaylorMade, Brooks, and more, as well as retailers like REI and Dick’s Sporting Goods – to engage influential everyday experts, and to build, track and reward their helpful expertise.
At ExpertVoice, we are proud to have cultivated a community of individuals who embody our core values. Expertvoicers are authentic, driven, and bold. We believe that our people are the heart and soul of our organization, and it is their commitment to these values that drive our success. When you join ExpertVoice, you become part of a team that is united by a shared passion for excellence and a desire to make an impact. We are also individuals, with different schedules, locations, and demands. We believe deeply that each of us should have the freedom to work where and when it’s best for our own respective lives. Bottom line, we are results-oriented, but we have ultimate flexibility on how to make it happen.
ExpertVoice is looking for a senior-level product marketer. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the B2B and B2C space. Strong preference for candidates who are familiar with supporting a marketplace environment.
- Understand the market for your defined scope of product launches: opportunities, risks, competitive and/or alternate offerings, ideal target customers and potential customers. These launches may impact our expert member base (B2C) and the supporting marketplace and/or our brand customers (B2B).
- Product positioning: Identify, document and communicate what the product is, how the product solves problems and delivers unique value for our experts, partners and/or brands.
- Understand the buying and/or decision process for your target personas: Develop a plan and resources to support the customer journey, maintain buyer and user personas, and understand where our product fits and how it will be used in their world to inform GTM strategies.
- Stakeholder communications: Manage proactive communications across the organization from early product definition through delivery. Maintain productive relationships with product managers to stay informed, influence development and accurately relay key information in a timely manner. Be proactive in your communications with stakeholders to allow for input and feedback early and often throughout the development process.
- Manage GTM for new products, features, releases and updates: Determine launch tiers and define the appropriate plan to support and market launches. Collaborate closely with internal teams, especially sales and marketing to set appropriate goals and metrics while considering available business resources. This is critically important for expert-facing launches that need to fold in naturally with the high cadence of our CRM team.
- Sales enablement and training: Support the development and delivery of supporting training materials and assets; maintain and update existing documentation as appropriate, gather and build success stories and testimonials to equip expert support, the partners team, CRM and sales with the information they need to to drive adoption.
- Support existing products alongside new releases and updates: Identify and prioritize future iterations, process improvements and/or positioning and marketing adjustments by listening to internal stakeholders and gathering feedback from experts, brands, partners and prospective future customers.
- 5 years experience working in a product marketing capacity, ideally in the B2B and B2C space. Experience in a consumer marketplace environment preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable writing blog posts, training documentation and email announcements. Presentation capabilities are a must.
- Understanding of the product development process
- Analytical, able to gather various types of data, synthesize and tell a story.
- High EQ, able to empathize with internal stakeholders and understand the needs of external stakeholders - our expert consumers and brand customers.
- Strategic thinker, able to assemble a plan to achieve short and long-term goals. Able to consider short and long-term ramifications to our brand and expert audiences.
- Flexible and nimble, comfortable learning on the go and able to pivot quickly in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience influencing people and leading projects.
- Experience working with Pendo or other in-app messaging platforms is preferred.
The Benefits Of Being On The ExpertVoice Team
- Medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K (with match)
- Company-sponsored Humanitarian Trips
- Freedom to work where and when it’s best for you
- And finally, our clients frequently extend their incentive purchase programs to our employees
About ExpertVoiceExpertVoice is a platform designed to connect brands with knowledgeable and influential experts in various industries from outdoors and pet to nutrition and fitness. More than 900 leading brands harness the power of these experts to drive product advocacy, generate authentic content, increase brand awareness among target audiences, and drive sales.
ExpertVoice is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.