About the job
Hi 👋🏼 I'm Harriet – I'm the VP of Marketing at Ashby. I joined the team just over a year ago to help publicly launch the business. Since then, we've seen a lot of amazing growth and, as a marketing team, been focused on laying a strong foundation while testing our way into a set of reliable marketing channels (and having a lot of fun along the way).
At Ashby, we are fortunate to have achieved incredible product-market fit with a customer referral flywheel in motion. We usually replace 3-4 tools (awesome), so we have to nail our timing and nurture strategy. We are also (for now) a challenger brand to more established legacy players. Therefore, it is crucial that our messaging and go-to-market strategy is clear, concise, and compelling.
The RoleJoining us as our second PMM you will be reporting to me while partnering closely with Tony, and will be focused on helping us define and launch our new pricing framework, refine our messaging and positioning, conduct competitive analysis, and enable our Sales and CS teams to win new deals and retain our incredible existing customers. While we’ve made a lot of progress, this is still a ‘build’ vs. ‘refine’ role, so if you enjoy the challenge of building from the ground up, this is for you.
Key Responsibilities And How You Will Achieve This****Developing Messaging and Positioning: Continuously refine our ideal customer profiles and determine how to position and message our products and features in a compelling and emotionally resonant way. Leverage marketing and customer research, sales and support feedback, and deep product understanding to create messaging frameworks that resonate with our audience.
Supporting Pricing and Packaging Strategies: Work closely with the team to develop pricing and packaging strategies that align with our product positioning and customer value proposition.
Competitive Research and Sales Enablement: Conduct ongoing, in-depth research and analysis of competitor go-to-market strategies and product capabilities. Provide insights to our sales team to empower them with the knowledge and tools needed to effectively compete in the market.
Leading Go-to-Market Planning: Partner with Tony to proactively engage in the product development process, offering creative ideas, pricing strategies, and packaging options. Develop comprehensive go-to-market strategies that enable successful product launches, customer acquisition, and sustained adoption, engagement, and loyalty.
Creating Revenue-Driving Campaigns: Collaborate with our Marketing team to conceive and execute creative, omni-channel marketing campaigns that generate awareness, revenue, and adoption. Utilize rigorous measurement and optimization techniques to ensure campaign success and drive continuous improvement.
Ensuring Consistent Messaging: Maintain consistent and compelling product messaging across all customer touchpoints, including marketing collateral, website, and sales materials.
Data-Driven Decision Making: Utilize data and analytics to measure campaign performance and optimize results, ensuring that marketing efforts are driven by insights and a focus on ROI.
Staying Informed: Continuously stay updated on industry trends, customer preferences, and competitive landscape to inform marketing strategies and initiatives.
**You Could Be a Great Fit If You Have **
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Partnered closely with sales and customer success teams in the past.
- A keen eye for design and branding, ensuring Ashby's presentation across all channels is compelling.
- A deep curiosity and a passion for learning about the recruiting and people space, as well as our users.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ensuring that no detail is overlooked.
- Proficiency in using systems and tools to manage projects and tasks effectively.
**You Probably Won't Enjoy This Role If **
- You don't feel comfortable drafting your own copy.
- You are not confident with data analysis and interpretation.
- You don't trust your eye for detail and developing compelling creative (noting you will have design support).
- You don't enjoy going deep into the product and building a nuanced comprehension for how it works and resonates with customers.
QualificationsTo qualify for this role, you should have:
- Proven experience in product marketing, with a track record of successfully developing pricing frameworks, competitive analysis, strong sales enablement, and customer lifecycle materials.
- A strong understanding of messaging and positioning, with the ability to craft compelling narratives.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and drive consensus.
- Proficiency in using data and analytics to inform marketing strategies and decisions.
- Familiarity with competitive research and sales enablement practices.
The Interview Process
- Short video/voice note sharing more about what you’re looking for in your next role and what you love about PMM (5-10 mins)
- Intro call with Hiring Manager – Harriet (20 minutes)
- Past Experience Deep Dive – Harriet (45 minutes)
- Meet the PMM team – Tony (30 minutes)
- Assignment (pricing exercise) and presentation (45 minutes)
- Final Round Interview (90 minutes)
- This round is primarily focused on meeting the functional leaders you'd be collaborating with and meeting more members of the team.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 10-year exercise window for stock options. You shouldn’t feel pressure to purchase stock options if you leave Ashby —do it when you feel financially comfortable.
- Unlimited PTO with four weeks recommended per year. Expect “Vacation?” in our one-on-one agenda until you start taking it 😅.
- Twelve weeks of fully paid family leave in the US. We plan to expand this to employees in other countries as situations arise.
- Generous equipment, software, and office furniture budget. Get what you need to be happy and productive!
- $100/month education budget with more expensive items (like conferences) covered with manager approval.
- If you’re in the US, top-notch health insurance for you and your dependents with all premiums covered by us.
Ashby’s success hinges on hiring great people and creating an environment where we can be happy, feel challenged, and do our best work. We’re being deliberate about building that environment from the ground up. I hope that excites you enough to apply.
About AshbyAshby is at the forefront of developing the next wave of enterprise software. Our core objective is to design a product suite that empowers talent leaders, recruiters, and hiring managers to operate a streamlined and data-centric hiring process. In just a short span of time, we've garnered the trust of over 900 remarkable clients such as Deliveroo, Reddit, Ramp, and FullStory. With the support of notable investors like Y Combinator, Elad Gil, and Lachy Groom, we’re primed for tremendous growth and innovation. With a crystal-clear buyer persona, a vast target market, and a burgeoning line of products, we are excited about what the future holds.
Compensation Range: $130K - $180K