About the job
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
WHO ARE WE?
Unruly Studios is a Boston-based EdTech startup. Our flagship product, Unruly Splats, empowers students to learn critical computer science and math skills through active, social, recess-style play! We’re backed by Amazon, AT&T, Techstars, LearnLaunch, and more.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
- We are a remote-first team, but we do have an office in downtown Boston. We’re also a team of people-people, so we make an effort to gather in person once per quarter.
- We value diversity of experiences and perspectives. We know that there are many pathways to roles at Unruly, and never require a specific degree or title as a prerequisite.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by our mission and passionate about bringing play, coding, and math experiences to all students regardless of location, background, and access. This role will be able to build upon an existing marketing program and fully own the next phase. The person in this role will be solely responsible for the product marketing function at Unruly Studios.
We are looking for an experienced self-starter with 2-5 years in a similar startup environment. This person will own and execute marketing programs from start to finish to create sales pipeline. This role will also work closely with the sales team (we call it Smarketing at Unruly) to achieve full team goals.
Marketing Campaign Planning & Execution:
- Own the marketing plan and budget to deliver on quarterly pipeline-generation targets. Execute tried and true strategies such as market research surveys, cold prospecting, webinars, syndicated content, email campaigns, paid ads, trade shows, partnerships, blogs, etc.
- Own and manage customer and buyer personas and keep them updated to ensure we are always up to date on the evolving “voice of the customer.”
- Build and manage marketing funnel operations from lead to MQL handoff to sales.
- Driving awareness and organic growth through social media.
- Manage website and analyze conversion data to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Messaging & Content Creation:
- Manage a team of contractors to build quality targeted content directed at district decision-makers and educator users, such as white papers, customer stories, social media posts, advertisements, blog posts, website positioning, and email marketing.
- Write and iterate on marketing and sales cadences.
- Own the creation and iteration of our messaging to schools and districts.
- Own the content library at every stage of the funnel, identify gaps in content and areas to create new content for nurture and sales efforts.
- Create slide decks and assets for sales to help nurture and win deals, including competitive analyses, industry research, product data research, and efficacy.
- Train sales team in updated messaging, personas, objection handling, and new talking points on a continuous basis.
Product Launch Management:
- Lead the launch of new products or features at Unruly from beginning to end, including building landing pages, marketing campaigns, and sales collateral for the launch.
Of course, you likely will not have all of what we list below and that’s ok! These are the things we’re ideally looking for and will guide our search.
You should bring
- 3+ years (ideally at least 5) in a product marketing role at an early-stage startup or a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to hit quotas and targets
- An ownership mindset. You are energized by taking ownership of the marketing plan strategy and execution and are excited by seeing results and iterating on them.
- Experience at a startup, ideally in the K12 ed-tech space.
- Experience project managing, collaborating cross-team, and managing a team of contractors
- Fantastic writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build a content strategy and engine for new and existing products.
- Experience in analyzing data to drive pipeline success.
- Strong understanding of marketing software and industry best practices (software includes: Pardot, Salesloft, Salesforce, Gong, Webflow, Chili Piper, and Web Forms)
- Track record of being a strategic partner in branding and voice conversations.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Healthcare (75% covered, 50% dependents covered)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work From Home Benefits
- Half-day Fridays year-round
- $600 individual professional development stipends every year
- Opportunities to travel
- Semi-annual team off-sites in person
- Base Salary: Base salary this role starts at 80K base salary + competitive performance-based compensation and Stock Options.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM**.**
- Unruly Studios is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Unruly Studios participates in the E-Verify program, as required by law.