About the job
Who You AreYou are great at grasping tough concepts and solving difficult problems. Your superpower, however, isn’t just your curiosity or ability to understand how things work — it’s being able to explain complex ideas to people in a way that excites and inspires them. The whole “left brain/right brain” idea has always been a little bit of a mystery to you — you’re a great storyteller, but that doesn’t make you any less analytical.
Today you apply your intellectual curiosity to learning how software products work. You use your gift for storytelling to help customers understand the value of those products. You’re a hyper-organized project manager who’s used to being pulled in multiple directions; after all, you work closely with product, marketing, engineering, sales, post-sales, and customer experience teams.. Your data-driven brain loves seeing results, and you know what you need to measure to gauge success (and exactly how to measure it). Your creative side, on the other hand, loves applying your product expertise to creating content, from product videos to blog posts to advertising copy.
You understand the power of details and small improvements. You’ve seen firsthand how the most “minor” features can actually make or break relationships with huge customers – and those same features can close some of the biggest deals. Above all, you’re a great teammate. You know how important collaboration is when it comes to aligning on messaging and making a great product stand out in a crowded marketplace, and you’re here to lift your team up, bring them on board, and keep your ears open for great new ideas.
About The RoleSwoogo is actively seeking a skilled and motivated Product Marketing Manager to play a key role in generating and learning from customer insights to inform our go-to-market strategy for new products and ideate (and execute on) campaigns that drive existing product adoption and growth. This role will report to the VP of Marketing.
Every day will look a little different, but in general, you will do things like:
- Define and drive GTM strategy, positioning, messaging, asset creation, and full-funnel launch plans for both new and existing Swoogo products and features
- Conduct market and buyer research to inform go-to-market planning and messaging strategy, as well as providing market insights for sales and post sales teams to use in prospect and customer conversations.
- Manage high-quality product focused content in the form of site copy, blogs, ebooks, white papers, webinars, explainer videos, launch videos, and customer events.
- Drive a balanced content strategy that evenly integrates thought leadership (top of funnel), how-to, explainer, and customer success content deployed across all content types.
- Partner with the VP of Product and product managers to track product releases and project manage timely go-to-market execution
- Partner with the SVP of Customer Experience to integrate product messaging into content output for external and internal audiences
- Plan and implement compelling communication initiatives centered on Swoogo’s partner ecosystem, demonstrating its alignment with our overarching product strategy
What You’ve Done Before
- 5+ Years in Product/Partner Marketing Role(s). Other relevant experience may be considered
- 2+ Year(s) in a B2B SaaS organization
- Excellent, B2B focused content portfolio
- Strong understanding of how developers talk and think, with the ability to translate that information into compelling stories for marketing release
- The ability to quickly grasp how software products work. Fluent in technical language and systems
- A desire to talk to and learn from our customers about product adoption, needs, and future goals
- Understanding the partner ecosystem and how it plays a role in overall product strategy
- Knowing your way around Figma is a plus
- Events industry experience is a plus
Salary, Benefits & How We WorkThis is a full time exempt position with a salary range of $130,000 -$145,000/year, depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and relevant experience, among other factors. Learn more about Swoogo and how we work.