About the job
Saleo is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to tell a clear and compelling story to our customers. This role will also oversee early product marketing responsibilities, shaping messaging about the product across our website. We’re looking for someone with excellent verbal and written skills, who can build strong, strategic arguments, and distill complex topics for a popular audience. While primary focus is on writing, the best fit for this role will bring experience with multimedia content and channel experimentation, and a proven track record for growing distribution channels. As the first hire in this role, you’ll help Saleo define its voice and make it easy for our customers to understand – and realize – the value of the product.
- Tell customer stories to make Saleo’s impact clear and easy to engage with for prospects – including with video and data.
- Assume ownership of Saleo’s blog and Learn materials from Day 1. Carve out strategies for the type and cadence of owned content that should be produced by the company based on our target customers and objectives.
- Stay on top of industry trends and the problem space to write incisive content that really lands with and mobilizes sales professionals.
- Work with the design and development team to shape the way we present content to drive conversion and activation.
- Define and monitor metrics to help us determine the success of content initiatives and where we should invest over time.
- Build out our own distribution channels on email, social media, and more (depending on where our customers can be found).
- Work closely with the founding team to make sure the website is telling the strongest possible story. Expand the site as needed to emphasize value propositions, product offerings, and case studies.
- Jump in on copy editing projects across the organization to help us enforce consistent brand, tone and messaging.
- Create experimentation frameworks to test content and language hypotheses on the blog and across the site. Run time-bound tests to constantly improve the performance of our site.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience creating content for a B2B company. Startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Past work that demonstrates both strategic and high-quality writing for an external audience.
- SEO experience and depth of knowledge. Demonstrated impact in previous roles.
- Experience with content distribution, not just creation, with shareable metrics around growing audience and engagement.
- Strong analytics capabilities – dashboard building, conducting studies, interpreting and reporting data.
- Success in identifying and reaching target audiences. Past experience positioning products for different user profiles.
- Sharp interpersonal and interviewing skills that would allow us to pull in and feature content from a variety of experts and sources in the field.
- Past partnership with leadership and executive teams to produce content.
- The ability to manage contractors and teammates toward shared goals.
- Video, audio, and visual content production skills or experience.
- Management of social media channels with thousands of followers.
- Copywriting for SEM and paid marketing.
- Hubspot experience is a strong plus.
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta (preferred) or Remote