About the job
Craft the Narrative that Shapes Education
Are you passionate about bridging the gap between product and market? Do you have the knack for translating intricate product details into compelling stories that resonate with educators and school districts? If you're driven by the challenge of positioning products in a way that makes a genuine difference in the educational landscape, then MasteryPrep has the perfect role for you. Join us in our mission to level the playing field in education, and be the voice that communicates the value of our products to those who need them most.
As the Product Marketing Manager at MasteryPrep, you'll be at the forefront of shaping our product marketing strategy across our diverse product suite. Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, you'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, diving deep into our products to understand their impact and translating that knowledge into powerful messaging and strategies for our Go-To-Market (GTM) team.
We're looking for a dynamic individual with a proven track record of extracting critical product information and crafting it into impactful narratives for target audiences. Your ability to understand the nuances of our products and position them effectively in the market will be crucial to our mission of helping students succeed.
- Product Positioning: Own the positioning of MasteryPrep's existing products and craft launch strategies for new products and features
- Storytelling and Messaging: Craft compelling messaging that resonates across sales and marketing channels
- Training and Enablement: Partner with sales enablement teams to translate new product features and industry insights into actionable strategies for sales and marketing
- Content Development: Collaborate with our customers and demand generation team to produce impactful content that showcases our value proposition
- Competitive and Industry Intelligence: Stay updated on the competitive landscape and guide our GTM teams towards areas of opportunity
About UsNearly 90% of low-income students graduate high school without a college-ready ACT or SAT score. MasteryPrep’s mission is to level the playing field in education by offering the most effective test preparation available – made accessible to all students.
Through 10 successful years of partnering with school districts and institutions on college readiness services and resources, MasteryPrep has surpassed one million students served since the company’s founding in 2012.
MasteryPrep increased its student outreach by 70 percent in 2021 and is ranked among the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies,” featured by “Entrepreneur 360,” and selected among the “Growth Leaders” by Louisiana Economic Development.
When we ask our employees what they love most about working for MasteryPrep, it comes down to the mission, the people, and the challenge.
- The mission: Ever had a day when you just don’t feel like getting out of bed and working? We don’t. We have a strong mission that truly changes lives and it motivates us each day to get up, get together, get better and get things done.
- The people: MasteryPrep is as diverse as the student population we serve and we value our employees as people, not just the position they fill. We have bicyclists, book nerds, musicians, basketball players, video gamers, and one person who has an insanely green thumb. No really. She can grow anything!
- The challenge: We believe that with everything we do, we should make it awesome. We don’t believe in “average,” “run-of-the-mill,” or “ordinary.” And “good enough” isn’t in our vocabulary. We’re growing tremendously and won’t stop until every student has access to a better future. Bring your experience, skills and creativity here – and you’ll find MasteryPrep is a place to contribute and feel valued
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B product marketing (ideally SaaS)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- Experience with HubSpot, survey and analysis tools
- EdTech experience preferred, but not required
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present data in meaningful and accessible ways
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for graphic design and content with a clean look
- Deep belief in the potential of all students and a passion for MasteryPrep’s mission
- Respect for individuals' diverse experiences and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- $80,000 to $110,000+ starting salary, based on qualifications
- Employee benefits eligibility (health, disability, AD&D, life insurance)
- Optional dental and vision coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid time off
- Generous paid holidays
- Ability to work fully remote
- Company supplied laptop