About the job
OfferZen is a talent marketplace where software developers get matched with jobs at leading tech companies. As we scale our product, reach, and team, it has become increasingly important to have someone who champions, develops, and curates the positioning of OfferZen’s product for our B2B audience specifically. As a product marketer on OfferZen’s marketing team, you will help define the positioning of our B2B product and become the de-facto expert on our B2B customer: Hiring companies.
You will use your deep understanding of our B2B customers, competitors, market and SaaS offering to ensure that hiring companies are empowered and compelled to buy OfferZen’s product.
TL;DR mission: Get more of the right companies to understand what we offer, trust we can deliver, and decide to buy – and then continue to stick with OfferZen.
Success outcomes of this role:
- OfferZen’s market share increases over time: Our positioning is unique and compelling. It is clear across all touch points why OfferZen is the world-class developer talent marketplace of choice.
- More customers re-engage with OfferZen’s product after drop-off or churn. We have effective nurturing strategies to bring customers back to our product.
- Our customers can easily and quickly understand what our product is, how it compares to other options, and how it adds value to their core problem.
- Our customers are delighted and inspired by our unique offering and ability to speak directly to their needs and relate to their worlds.
- OfferZen’s team has a good understanding of its market, competitors, customers, and product and are equipped to talk about what makes us unique.
What you’ll be doing:
- Report to the Head of Product Marketing and form part of the Product Marketing team at OfferZen
- Develop and maintain OfferZen’s B2B SaaS positioning and messaging with support from the Head of Product Marketing
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for OfferZen’s B2B product for hiring teams including owning regular product release campaigns
- Create a wide variety of marketing assets that educate customers on the value of OfferZen’s B2B offering
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns to generate leads and drive product adoption
- Develop and execute nurturing (predominantly email) campaigns to get customers to re-engage with our product
- Lead sales enablement initiatives and work with the sales team to delight customers and close deals
- Work with product managers to design processes so that customers onboard and use our product and its features successfully
- Develop and maintain our B2B customer portfolio: Personas, Ideal Customer Profile and segmentation strategies.
Key metrics you’ll be driving:
- Drive quality traffic to OfferZen’s website and product
- Increase number of leads (especially from our dormant customer base)
- Care about conversion rates particularly lead to activation
You’ll be great for this role if you have:
- Strong understanding of B2B marketing and sales principles
- Ability to develop and execute go-to-market strategies
- Ability to create and deliver engaging content including: Website, email, slide decks, social media – you’re a strong copy writer and visual thinker.
- Experience with email marketing tools like customer.io recommended
- Strong analytical skills: You’re comfortable analyzing data and have used tools like Mixpanel, Looker or similar before.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can grasp technical concepts quickly and simplify these for others.
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally with product, sales, and marketing teams – with strong project management skills.
- 4+ years of product/solution/service marketing experience
- Experienced in launching new products or features
- Experienced in marketing B2B SaaS products
- Demonstrated history of creative problem solving, and analytical skills along with the ability to execute on marketing assets
- Customer obsessed and eager to talk to customers
- Scrappiness and experimentation mindset: You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. If you don’t know how to do something, you’ll figure it out
- Experience with marketing tools and market research tools a plus
- Passionate about tech and startups
- Cool, calm, and able to handle a big backlog
What it's like to work at OfferZen:
We love to do fun stuff together. We are focused on building a connected tribe and a sense of belonging. We value unique and diverse approaches and ensure we create opportunities to share and learn from each other. We have regular online events, show and tells and a book club as well as regional and annual off-site events.
We're dedicated to authenticity: We treat people as people, caring personally and speaking openly. We foster low-ego behaviour – we own our mistakes as well as our victories. We're never about blame. We're always about honesty, learning and continuous improvement. We ensure lots of transparency and visibility. From OKRs and strategy to analytics and company performance numbers, it's all available for you to see and understand.
We're passionate about learning and leveling up: Everyone at OfferZen strives for a growth mindset. We read books, listen to podcasts, share expertise obsessively, then take on hard challenges with smart guidance and support. When things go wrong, we look for the learning and how to improve.
We’re all about balance: We believe that maintaining a healthy balance between home and work is the key to feeling happier and more productive. We work fully remote and also offer 24 days of leave a year which are available to use from the time you start.
The OfferZen Story
OfferZen is on a mission to improve the experience of finding work for people involved in making software, from developers to designers and data scientists through the utilisation of our world class online recruitment marketplace. We do this by flipping the traditional recruitment model on its head and getting companies to reach out to candidates with upfront offers.
Over the last 7 years, we have managed to make a large dent in the South African online tech recruitment marketplace – and we're speeding up. We have a team of 100+ people with offices in both Cape Town and Amsterdam. At 7 years young, we’re still in an exciting scale-up phase which allows us to develop new and exciting ideas, innovate our product, and think creatively about solving real problems