About the job
At GOLF+, we’re passionate about leveraging immersive technology to bring the excitement of golf to a global audience. As the leading VR golf app, we blend meticulously crafted courses with realistic physics for a truly immersive virtual golf experience. Since our 2020 debut, we've reached over 1 million downloads and witnessed nearly 2 billion shots in-game. Our partnership with the PGA Tour and backing from figures like Ben Crenshaw, Rory McIlroy, and Steph Curry mark us as a formidable presence in virtual golf.
As we expand, we're on the lookout for a talented Product Marketing Manager to join our team. This role is instrumental in establishing the core marketing function at GOLF+ as we look to double the sport in our lifetimes and cultivate passionate golfers on our platform. The ideal candidate will possess a profound grasp of product positioning, audience segmentation, and content generation, harnessing the robust GOLF+ player community and partner network to amplify our brand message. Proficiency across various marketing channels such as social media, email, paid advertising, and experiential marketing is essential, coupled with a curiosity to explore new avenues. A passion for product marketing is essential, along with a willingness to translate innovative ideas into actionable strategies. This role requires effective collaboration with our product, data, and leadership teams to spread awareness of GOLF+ in a way that is data-driven and impactful, using evidence to support ideas and refining designs based on feedback and iteration.
- Establish the marketing function within GOLF+ from the ground up
- Analyze data from 1M+ organic players to deeply understand the GOLF+ customer base and optimize our product position across customer segments
- Be responsible for content creation and messaging across GOLF+ social channels including Discord, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, and YouTube
- Spearhead email marketing efforts to our 100K+ GOLF+ member email distribution to drive engagement, retention, and referrals
- Experiment across a variety of marketing formats, matching message & channel between paid advertising, experiential marketing, earned media, and more
- Leverage our strong existing partner network including the PGA TOUR, Topgolf, and PGA of America
- An experienced product marketer with 4+ years in the marketing industry, ideally with prior experience in gaming, sports, or consumer technology businesses
- Able to see the big picture, but capable of on the ground execution. You should have enough experience to be able to craft the vision and be scrappy enough to execute everything down to the smallest task
- A top tier communicator. As our first marketing hire, you will be comfortable articulating your vision and communicating with the GOLF+ leadership team
- A lightning fast executor. You should be fearless to try new things and quick to move on to the next idea if it doesn’t work. Bias Toward Action is one of our core values - it’s OK to make mistakes as long as we move fast and learn from them
- Deeply analytical. You utilize evidence and insights to support your ideas, and refine them based on feedback and iteration
Bonus Points For* Prior experience in tech, the gaming/VR industry, and consumer subscription products
- A keen interest in golf Background in a startup environment (
In our commitment to attracting top talent, we recognize the importance of offering competitive compensation packages, which will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location.
Equity in the business will be a component of the compensation.
GOLF+ also cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, well-being benefits, unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, golf stipend, among others.
GOLF+ is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. GOLF+ considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. GOLF+ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.