About the job
Ciq OverviewCIQ believes in helping people do great things. We do this by building strong communities for open-source software, innovating software infrastructure, and building the next generation of performance computing. Our software stack consists of Rocky Linux the CentOS replacement, Apptainer the container solution of choice for HPC, Warewulf a provisioning and cluster
management solution, and Fuzzball our next-generation performance computing platform that is a multi-cloud, multi-site, multi-cluster, and multi-node.
If you are interested in an environment built on ownership, diversity of thought, and pushing the limits of what is possible, then we would be interested in you.
Position SummaryCIQ is seeking a Product Marketing Manager responsible for messaging/positioning, new product/feature launches, and marketing content to drive sales and support retention. This is a role that sits at the intersection of Sales, Product, Marketing/Demand Generation, and Customer Success and is critical to driving our future growth. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating, executing, and managing launch plans for product releases including relevant customer communications, marketing collateral, and sales enablement materials.
- Owning the definition of key competitive differentiators and value props, and any supporting collateral (e.g. battlecards) to drive higher win rates.
- Producing content marketing assets to support demand generation. The content aligns with the integrated marketing plan and resonates with key buyers and markets.
- Interviewing customers and develop case studies.
- Owning buying personas, including a deep understanding of buying behaviors.
- Conducting customer research (e.g. win-loss interviews, existing customer check-ins) and synthesizing findings to support changes in the go-to-market strategy.
- Working alongside the CIQ Product Management team to co-develop differentiated product messaging and positioning that sets CIQ apart with customer understanding, competitive differentiation, and grasp of market dynamics.
- Supporting the Demand Generation team on campaign messaging and collateral.
- Owning the website messaging and ensuring value-based messaging and positioning are incorporated on our website and other marketing collateral.
- Identifying and executing targeted marketing programs to improve customer retention.
- Simplifying technical content into easy-to-understand benefits for our ICP and ecosystem partners, winning the hearts and minds of prospects, and renewing install-base customers.
NEEDED TO SUCCEED Successful candidates will be comfortable working in high tech with the ability to translate technical concepts into realizable benefits and business value. The ability to articulate a compelling vision and story verbally and in writing. Passion to try new ideas to promote the product, test hypotheses, and make data-driven decisions to course-correct. Great listening skills to understand customer needs, pain points, and desires and an analytical mindset to translate the data into winning marketing strategies. Proven ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology for different use cases and to different types of audiences. Self-starter with excellent project management skills. Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time. The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote team environment. A friendly, collaborative, humble, honest, and always striving to be better attitude.
Education And ExperienceBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing/Business Administration, or a related field. At least 5 years of experience in technical product marketing in enterprise B2B software. Relevant experience in infrastructure software and cloud. Experience in product marketing, product positioning, messaging, and competitive research & analysis.