About the job
About Appriss RetailAppriss Retail provides real-time decisions and active risk monitoring to enable our customers to maximize profitability while managing risk. Our solutions are continually adapting to changing market conditions.
We bring 20+ years of retail data science expertise and experience. We serve a global base of leading commerce partners, representing 1/3 of all US omnichannel retail sales activity across 150,000 retail locations across specialty, apparel, department store, hard goods, big box, grocery, pharmacy, and hospitality businesses in 45 countries on six continents.
The company provides compelling, relevant, and profitable collective intelligence to operations, finance, marketing, and loss prevention. Appriss Retail’s performance-improvement solutions yield measurable results with significant return on investment.
OverviewAppriss Retail is looking for a Product Marketing leader to direct our product marketing, content, and launch initiatives across the globe. The ideal candidate will be driven, with a demonstrated track record of gathering and translating customer insights, competitive intelligence, and product features into sales enablement, customer success, and demand generation materials to help Appriss Retail better serve customers and drive growth. The Product Marketing leader will report to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop product positioning and persona-driven messaging differentiating Appriss Retail products in the market.
- Help plan and lead marketing activities for the launch of new services and products, which involve several different departments.
- Coordinate with product leaders to ideate, draft, and publish product content to support customers, sales associates, and partners.
- Brief the press, PR teams, and analysts about new products.
- Understand timelines and deadlines for the development of new products with product management, engineering, or manufacturing departments.
- Speak and present products to both external and internal audiences.
- Plan, manage, and produce product content and sales enablement materials, including whitepapers, video scripts, podcasts, customer stories, blogs, FAQs, webinars, solution guides, battle cards, talk tracks, sales decks, and more, both independently and with external agencies.
- Develop competitive positioning for Appriss Retail's products by using competitive analysis and input from product management, strategy, engineering, and sales stakeholders.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the revenue team and develop sales tools that support the selling process of products, including assistance with RFPs.
- 5+ years minimum product marketing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or equivalent.
- Strong written/oral communications with proven writing and editing experience and expertise in producing product content.
- Track record developing repeatable product launch processes for both existing and new customers.
- Experience and ability to consume information and produce digestible information for other departments.
- Proven track record developing and executing metrics-driven go-to-market plans for a product or solution portfolio in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Primary and Secondary research skills.
- Strong project management experience and can deliver high-quality work against competing priorities and varying timelines.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with a strong sense of purpose and urgency. Willing and able to make decisions with less-than-perfect information.
- SaaS or technology company experience.
- Experience working with technical and channel partners.
To learn more about Appriss Retail, visit ApprissRetail.com
Physical Demands - Sedentary
Appriss Retail offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage. We offer an immediate vesting 401(k) plan with employer matching, unlimited paid time off for salaried employees, and well-being support including gym reimbursements, a subscription to Calm – Meditation and Sleep app, and paid leave for new parents and family care. As a hybrid global community, we also offer a remote work-first environment empowering our people to work wherever suits their lifestyle.
The Pay Range For This Role Is110,000 - 135,000 USD per year(Remote - United States)