About the job
Alcion, an AI-driven company, solves data management challenges faced by companies storing data in the cloud including disaster recovery, ransomware and malware threats, and compliance. We are building beautiful products, starting with the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, that have been designed to be very easy to use and deliver an “aha” moment to new users quickly but also have meaningful depth in their functionality. We have raised $29M in funding across our Seed and Series A rounds and are loved by customers all over the world.
We're in search of a Product Marketing Manager who will play a pivotal role in shaping the way our products are presented and experienced by our user base. Your insights will bridge product development and marketing, ensuring our solutions not only meet but exceed market expectations.
About the Role
- As one of our first marketing hires, your influence will be foundational to our growth trajectory. You will:
- Craft compelling narratives around our products, creating a strong brand voice that speaks to our customers and partners
- Design and execute innovative go-to-market strategies for our newly launched features, big and small, setting the stage for market penetration and expansion.
- Collaborate closely with our founders, sales, product, and marketing teams to define product positioning and messaging that not only aligns with our vision and market needs but also resonates across all marketing channels.
- Create compelling product content for our website, analysts, field and partner events, case studies, and social media platforms.
- Build from the ground up—establishing product marketing frameworks, processes, and metrics that will scale with the company.
- Craft messaging and storytelling that highlights our product's unique capabilities and value proposition.
- Be the market expert—understanding customer needs, market trends, and competitive landscape to inform product and marketing strategy.
We're looking for someone with:
- A startup mindset—flexible, proactive, and ready to take on a variety of tasks.
- A track record of successful product marketing for B2B software infrastructure, ideally at an early-stage company offering a SaaS product.
- Strong analytical skills to understand market dynamics and measure campaign effectiveness.
- A strong bias for action coupled with the ability to work autonomously, prioritize effectively, and drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated product marketing depth, with core competencies in positioning, messaging, launch management, and partner marketing that engages and converts.
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience with Product-Led Growth (PLG) strategy
- Direct experience with the Microsoft ecosystem and/or a strong background in backup technology solutions, understanding their market dynamics and customer pain points.
- Expertise developing written and video content, with an ability to convey complex technical concepts through engaging multimedia.
- Hold a proven track record of successful product launches in early-stage companies that have met or exceeded objectives.
Alcion is a distributed, remote-only team and currently spans multiple time zones. We try to work as asynchronously as possible but we do have many ways for the entire team to engage socially including virtual events and quarterly in-person offsites. We care a lot about culture and teamwork and we have documented what this means for you. Check out our company and engineering culture decks at alcion.ai to get a sense of what we value and reward.
- We start with a 45-minute Zoom meeting with our Head of Growth Marketing. Assuming there’s a mutual fit, we run through an interview loop with 3-4 team members (45-60 minutes each). We will ask you to give a short overview about yourself and your previous work to the entire company so that interviews can concentrate on richer and deeper conversations and not repeat time doing resume reviews.
- Once you are done talking to everyone on your loop, we will reach back out within a week with a decision. The offer process is straightforward and can be completed quickly (within a day or two if needed).
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.