About the job
****What we’re looking for:****A talented and experienced product marketing manager with a strong technical background.
The focus of this position is to develop customer and sales facing technical content to help drive our mission in enabling our customers to evolve, compete and succeed with their XenServer virtualized environments.
The product marketing manager role will be a part of the broader XenServer product team.
XenServer is a commercial virtualisation platform based on the open-source Xen hypervisor. XenServer powers everything from government organisations, multi-thousand seat virtual desktop deployments, super-fast network load balancers, all the way up to some of the largest public and private clouds in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create sales enablement collateral including battle sheets, feature comparison matrices, the delivery of product demos and customer presentations and building a base of referenceable customers.
- Presenting at various industry events, positioning and evangelising the benefits of XenServer.
- Research competitors’ product offerings, identify our product gaps, USPs and key value propositions. Help articulate and amplify these values to the server virtualisation marketplace to maximise profitability.
- Uncover growth opportunities beyond current markets, either by expanding the existing customer footprint or identifying new market opportunities.
- Generate outbound content: webinars, white papers, solution briefs, blogs, scripted videos, customer case studies and GTM activities.
- Work closely with Product Management to help shape the future roadmap, determine the right feature set to drive adoption and help establish relevant KPIs, business cases and associated predicted ROI.
- Build industry market awareness and track future trends, develop and nurture relationships with industry analysts.
- Develop a deep understanding of the virtualisation market and our customers’ needs to help formulate the technical marketing and communications strategy for XenServer.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A highly creative individual, passionate and driven with an ability to translate product features into easily understood, meaningful, value-based positioning and messaging.
- An expert communicator and presenter, including public speaking; someone who is able to build high-trust relationships with customers.
- A track record of leading, running and measuring marketing initiatives that helped contribute to increased sales.
- An accomplished market researcher, well versed in the use of competitive analysis to uncover market advantage able to solicit and synthesise competitive insights from customers and other industry sources to provide timely and actionable guidance to product and sales teams.
- Team-player and strong collaborator.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical marketing, technical sales/sales engineering role preferably at an enterprise software company.
- This role is based in the US (Fort Lauderdale or remote), with frequent stateside travel to attend events.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- The XenServer product is a complex operating system that runs other operating systems, therefore being a quick learner, with an appetite for understanding new technical concepts and technologies is highly desirable.
- An ability to think creatively and critically, in order to formulate and validate hypotheses based on data.
- A software engineering and programming background would be advantageous.
- Any knowledge of server virtualization in general, XenServer in particular 🙂
****What you’re looking for:****This is an incredibly exciting time to be a part of the XenServer team. If you’re a technical product marketing manager, we’ll give you plenty of ways to exercise your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
**About Us:**Citrix and TIBCO recently merged to create Cloud Software Group, now one of the world’s largest cloud solution providers, serving more than 100 million users around the globe. When you join Cloud Software Group, you are making a difference for real people, each of whom count on our suite of cloud-based products to get work done — from anywhere. Members of our team will tell you that we value diverse lived experiences, passion for technology, and the courage to take risks. Everyone is empowered to learn, dream, and build the future of work. We are on the brink of another Cambrian leap -- a moment of immense evolution and growth. And we need your expertise and experience to do it. Now is the perfect time to move your skills to the cloud.
Cloud Software Group is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including lactation status), marital status, military service, protected veteran status, political activity or affiliation, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave and other protected classifications.
If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any part of the application process, please contact us at (800) 424-8749 or email us at AskHR@cloud.com for assistance.