About the job
We are looking for our first marketing hire, a Founding Product Marketer, who will own our top of the funnel and drive our traffic strategy and execution.
We’re building the future of job search tools. Huntr has been a trusty companion to over 250k job seekers, helping them keep their job search organized. We’re a team of three (four with you!) who believe a small team of talented individuals can create outsized value by focusing on building beautiful, functional software. You would be joining during an incredibly exciting moment in our journey with tremendous upside; shaping our culture, marketing practices, product, and team.
About the Job:
We are looking for our first marketing hire, a Founding Product Marketer who will own the top of the funnel and drive our traffic strategy and execution. You will lead product marketing strategy and execution for Huntr’s job seeker (B2C) product, which will have a direct impact on growth. The role is a mix of Product + Growth marketing.
While we've made great progress in the areas of brand and marketing, this opportunity still focuses on building rather than refining. If you thrive on the excitement of starting from scratch and creating something new, then this is the perfect fit for you!
You'll get to work and influence at different levels: from analyzing metrics on growth impacts to setting strategic direction and tactical next steps with company leadership, and mostly rolling up your sleeves to deliver customer-facing content (social media content, blog posts, video content, product launches) and running growth experiments (affiliate marketing, sponsored social media marketing, paid search, etc). This role has potential for growth and would be a great fit for someone looking to jump into early-stage tech.
Content creation: Generate quality content and assets (for multiple channels) to highlight product value and drive top-of-funnel growth. This will include planning and creating:
- social media posts: (mainly for LinkedIn)
- video content: (demo videos for LinkedIn, TikTok & YouTube)
- blog posts: (to support product spotlights and launches)
- email marketing campaigns
Product launch planning and executing: Develop comprehensive growth marketing strategies that enable successful product launches, customer acquisition, sustained adoption, and engagement.
Creating revenue-driving campaigns: Conceive and execute creative, omni-channel marketing campaigns that generate awareness, revenue, and adoption. Utilize rigorous measurement and optimization techniques to ensure campaign success and drive continuous improvement. These will include, but not be limited to: Product and feature launches, Sponsored Social Media Posts, Affiliate marketing programs, Social media campaigns and email marketing campaigns.
Deep dive into product: Understand our product and our users inside-out, ensuring that our offerings are well-articulated. We believe that many, if not most, of our marketing efforts will revolve around product launches and feature spotlights.
What we're looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of product marketing or growth marketing experience
- You focus on execution: You're not just a strategist; you're an executor. You thrive on turning high-level objectives into actionable plans and driving them to completion.
- You have digital marketing experience: You have a proven track record in executing and optimizing online marketing campaigns across various channels, including but not limited to social media, email marketing, SEO, SEM, and content.
- You are a strong writer: You can craft clear, persuasive copy that resonates with audiences, elevating the product narrative while aligning with the brand's voice and objectives.
- You are a strong communicator: You have the knack for breaking down complicated technical concepts into interesting stories, chatting openly with teams from different backgrounds, and swaying the opinions of both colleagues and outside audiences.
- You are modest and have always been told that you “get stuff done”. You may not fully understand what people mean by this, as for you it simply means "working".
- You have a keen eye and appreciation for design and branding: You are meticulous about brand and presentation. You work seamlessly with designers and stakeholders to ensure that all marketing materials, both internal and external, reflect our brand's identity and values in the most impactful way.
- You’re organized: You excel at keeping projects and timelines in sync, ensuring that every cog in the machine runs smoothly. You have experience with project management tools (our preferred tool is Notion).
- B2C marketing experience
You don't need...
- Managerial experience: It is perfectly fine if you haven't managed people before. For the first few quarters, this role is primarily focused on execution rather than management.
- To know how to code: We'll dedicate engineering resources to support any marketing efforts that require coding.
- To be a designer: Although you will need to do some light asset creation work (e.g., using Canva for social media assets), you’ll get designer resources for anything more complex than that.
The Interview Process:
We don’t believe in puzzles or brain-teaser-type interviews. Our interview process is straightforward, all interviews will be done via Zoom:
- Mutual fit interview - 30 mins
- Skills/Technical Interview - 90 to 120 mins
- Final culture fit interview - 30 to 45 mins
- For candidates based in Canada, the estimated base salary range for this role is $CAD80k-$CAD100k per year.
- Competitive salary and equity offering.
- Health insurance coverage.
- 20 days PTO + 10 paid holidays.
- New equipment. You’ll receive a brand-new laptop.
- Flexible Office policy. You can work remotely from home (anywhere in the US and Canada), in our Seattle office, or in a co-working space of your choice.
- We offer a $200/month stipend towards a desk in a co-working space of your choice.
- Once per year, we pay for the entire company to fly to the same city for a week